In addition to learning how to ask my husband for help, I’ve been learning to ask friends for help.
Recently, I got stuck after a period of unsuccessful job hunting, due to my tendency to focus on details rather than the big picture. So after realising that my husband was not the best one to talk to about this problem (as we work in entirely different industries), I decided to humble myself and approach a good friend of mine who is a professional life coach.
She was awesome, as expected, and I came away from our meeting with some much-needed help with the big-picture planning, and a bunch of ideas to move forward with.
I am still in the process of finding a job, but I am not stuck any more, and it’s due to the help my friend gladly gave me.
Have you had the experience of needing to ask help from a friend who has strengths where you are weak?
No comments:
Post a Comment