Sunday, 21 August 2011

What if it’s true...? Part 8: I am a new creation

Which is the real me?

The one who feels the sickening despair of falling short? Of making mistakes, getting stuck in sinful habits, of failing to do the good I know I should do?

The one who wakes feeling unloved, unworthy and half-defeated, knowing that another day is before me, with the same old trials and temptations, the same opportunities to fail the way I did yesterday?

Or the one who is the child of God, who has the spirit by which we cry ‘Abba! Father’?

The one who is dead to the law and alive to Christ? Who knows nothing can separate me from Christ’s love?

The one who knows that her flesh is at war with her spirit, for they desire things that are contrary to each other, and who embraces this battle with determination each morning, knowing that by the grace of God, I can have victory if I am abiding in Christ?

Which one is the real you?

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away ; behold, all things are become new.

Rom 8:9a But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Rom 8:17 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gal 5:16-17 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

No comments: