![]() |
| Image source |
Back then, my biggest concerns were my youngest child’s adjustment and napping, and my middle child’s safety.
I am pleased to report that two of those concerns were non-issues. My youngest has adjusted to the change wonderfully well, and my middle child has been perfectly safe in care. She has had a couple of days when she needed her puffer, but I am now confident that the carer is keeping a close eye on her and will follow my instructions to the letter.
However, napping is an issue. My youngest has discovered that if he plays around at nap time, the carer will decide that he ‘doesn’t want to nap’, and will get him up again. This is most definitely NOT the way I operate at home, and the result is one extremely tired child at the end of the day.
I am not sure if I should or could do anything differently. Daycare is on Friday, and early to bed in the evening, followed by a good nap on Saturday, are sufficient to restore him physically. But I am not comfortable that he is given the freedom to determine whether he naps or not, and I’m not sure how to approach this with the carer, who needs to balance my wishes with the needs of the other children in care, along with her own (very different) philosophy of sleep.
What would you do if you were me?

1 comment:
Hmmm... well if you dont want to turn it into an issue with the carer you could... just tell child and carer that he does not have to have a sleep on Fridays (are they just there one day?). If he can survive without it as you said - then its YOU making the decision, not child or carer. Then you could also say to carer you want your child to have 30mins (or 60?) rest time, they can have a book or toy but must stay in bed?.... do you think she would enforce this? chances are toddler would fall asleep sometimes anyway? just a though! kate
Post a Comment