Wednesday, 19 October 2011

It's Not About Me

Image source
 If there is one lesson I really, really, REALLY want to learn before I die, it’s that I am not the centre of the universe. I stub my toes on this truth at least once a week, painfully realising that again, I have taken offense, or jumped to conclusions, or criticized, or blamed, or judged, or, or, or... without pausing to consider Whose opinions truly matter in any moment.


Who is my life truly about? Jesus, of course.

What are my opinions and judgements truly worth? Less than a grain of sand, unless I am inspired and motivated by Holy Spirit.

What will remain of me when this life ends? Only that which has been born again to give glory to Father.

What is my purpose here while I live? To love and serve those whom God puts around me.

It’s not about me. 

No comments: