Monday, 4 July 2011

What's in your pantry?

Seriously, I'm interested. :-)

My pantry is a collection of 4 upper and 3 lower kitchen cupboards. Small is a word that describes is perfectly. I also have a large pantry unit that I inherited when my parents renovated their kitchen, but unfortunately it does not fit in my kitchen, and so has been demoted to crockery storage.

So what food do I keep in my pantry? Well, my small grocery budget means that I drastically limit the type and quantity of canned and packet foods I store, so that I can use the money for fresh fruit & veg, dairy, and meat. Here is a sample of what I commonly have on hand in the pantry:

  • baking goods
  • spices and herbs
  • cooking oils
  • tinned tomatoes, corn, and tuna
  • pastas, rices, and couscous
  • lentils and dried beans
  • potatoes and onions
  • breakfast cereal
  • powdered milk
 And that’s it! Please share what you keep in your pantry!

No comments: