My son has just turned seven, and I am not comfortable sending him into the men’s restroom alone. But I feel he’s nearly too old to go into the ladies’ with me and my little ones.
What preparation would you do with your son to ensure he knows how to stay safe and remember good hygiene? Am I being a little paranoid about this?
Help please!
2 comments:
Hi Penny, I mostly want to chime in here so I'll be notified of any answers! My oldest is only 5. One thing I think I would do is ask my husband to take him in with him a couple of times in public, while coaching him before and after. This is an interesting question; I don't like the idea of sending in my little boy by himself! But he will have to do it someday. :)
I will someday be very paranoid as well. I asked DH because he's a cop and when working undercover he had to patrol many of the public restrooms (and the stories are not pretty). so anyway, I asked him and he just started squirming uncomfortably in his chair while thinking about it and then said "maybe 6 or 7". I was pretty shocked because I'm already worried about it! I once heard of a mom who would knock on the mens room door and if no one answered she'd look in and see that no one was there. Then she's send her son in and if anyone came to use the restroom she'd stop them in front of the door and politely ask the gentleman to wait just one minute as her son was using the restroom. hahaha .... it's nervy, but I kind of like it! I'll be eager to see something more constructive ;)
Post a Comment